Last year, thanks to the generosity of the James O. and Harriet P. Rigney Endowment administered by the Coastal Community Foundation of SC, Paladin Training was able to offer a limited number of one-day no-cost AR15 classes. Both tuition and ammunition requirements were met by the grant.
Interpretation: The class was free plus we provided all the ammo for it.
We anticipate another grant soon and will let everyone know ASAP when / if BAR is offered. In the meantime, something to plan for:
Purpose of Basic AR-15 (BAR)
This class is geared toward the new or prospective AR owner who wants to establish a proper foundation on the AR-15. It is also suitable for the experienced rifleman whose technique has become contaminated over time and who is in need of a critical eye.
The larger purpose of the class is to help citizens meet their responsibility to the State in regards to Title 25 of the South Carolina Constitution, specifically, the duties of the Unorganized Militia.
At the conclusion of this training, the student will have:
- A good foundation upon which to further develop marksmanship skills;
- Extended the distance at which he / she can influence outcomes with a rifle;
- The ability to efficiently reduce stoppages when they occur;
- The administrative skills necessary to competently handle the carbine;
- The knowledge necessary to properly lubricate and maintain the carbine.
- Safety & Emergency Procedures
- Nomenclature, function cycle and controls
- Overview of lubrication and maintenance procedures
- Natural Point of Aim
- Fundamentals of combat marksmanship
- Stoppage reduction
- Prone position
- Standing position
- Kneeling position
- AK47 FamFire
- Discussion: Legal v. Moral; Right v. Responsibility; Mindset
Prerequisite training: None
Physical requirements: Light
Start / Stop Times: 830 am – Dusk (Registration begins 8 am)
We reserve the right to withhold training.
We may request that you provide us with at least one character reference from the following categories:
- Paladin alumnus
- AR-15 (Don’t have one? No problem! We have three available as loaners)
- Up to 200 rds of ammunition (PROVIDED)
- Quality two point sling (NO single point slings unless an agency or department requirement)
- Three magazines (min) and the ability to carry at least one spare on your body
- Safety gear (ball cap, ear pro and ANSI or mil-spec rated wraparound eye pro)
- Lunch, snacks, meds, whine stoppers, etc.
- Hydration (electrolyte replacement strongly recommended to supplement your water)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, other seasonal equipment
- Rain gear (training will continue in the event of rain)
- Note-taking gear
- Folding chair
- Ground pad for prone work
Be prepared to eat lunch at the range.
Space is limited. Please don’t sign up for the class unless you’re serious about attending.
Please don’t buy something expensive for the class until you’ve talked with us about it!
If you want to reserve a spot or have questions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-618-1381.
Paladin Training, Inc.
Florence, SC 29504
Paladin Training is a public charity under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Our mission is to provide world-class crime prevention & homeland security training to law-enforcement, military, and – America’s original first responders – the armed private citizen.