DC1 is geared toward the beginner wanting to establish a proper foundation in carbine fighting skills, but it is also suitable for the experienced rifleman wanting to tune up or augment his / her technique or correct errors.
DC1 is a prerequisite for DC2 and UBC.
You must be a US Citizen to take this class.
Dates: 11 – 12 SEP 2021
Location: Lake Darpo, 4900 North Governor Williams Hwy., Society Hill, SC
Prerequisite training: None
Physical requirements: Light
- 50% deposit is required to hold a seat. Classes are kept small and there is a cut-off.
- Full-time LEO: $150
- Active duty military & SCARNG / SCANG: $0
- PayPal OK or send personal check or money order to the address below.
Duration: 20 hrs
Start / Stop Times: Day 1 is 8:30 am – 9 pm / Day 2 is 9 am – 5 pm (Registration begins 8:00 am Day 1)
- Carbine w/ sustainment equipment & supplies (cleaning kit, lube, spare batts, etc.)
- Quality two point sling
- Six magazines (min) and the ability to carry at least one of them on the body (magazines should have some form of ID on them so they can find their way back to you at the end of the day)
- 500 rds carbine ammunition
- Usual defensive handgun setup for CWP holders
- 50 rds handgun ammunition
- Tactical flashlight (weapon mounted preferred, but bring what you’ve got)
- Safety gear (ball cap, ear pro and ANSI or mil-spec rated wraparound eye pro)
- Lunch, snacks, meds, whine stoppers, etc.
- Hydration (electrolyte replacement strongly recommended to supplement your water)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, other seasonal equipment
- Rain gear (training will continue in the event of rain)
- Note-taking gear
- Folding chair
- Elbow / knee pads
- IFAK / ITK (Individual first-aid kit / Individual trauma kit)
What not to bring:
- Blackhawk SERPA holster
- M-855 ‘Green-tip’ 5.56 ammunition (If all you’ve got is Green-tip, call us about swapping it out for ball)
- Single point sling (unless a unit / agency requirement)
- Firearm safety & range emergency procedures
- Nomenclature, function and controls
- Lubrication and maintenance procedures
- Fundamentals of combat marksmanship and the various zeroes
- Stoppage reduction (reloading & clearing malfunctions)
- Standard shooting positions (standing, kneeling & prone)
- Static warm up drills
- Trigger control drills
- Movement drills
- Threats left, right and to the rear
- Situational awareness and consolidation
- Low-light tactics and techniques
- Low-light exercises
- Discrimination drills (Threat ID / shoot v. no-shoot)
- Clearing malfunctions
End of Day 1
- Unconventional shooting positions
- Use of cover
- Multiple Targets
- Moving Targets
- Abbreviated CSAT Patrol Rifle Standard
End of Day 2
Out of town students: Marriott Springhill Suites, 2670 Hospitality Blvd., Florence, SC (843-317-9050) provides a substantial ‘Paladin’ discount.
While the curriculum is geared toward the AR platform, AK’s, Mini-14’s, basically any magazine fed semi-auto based on a military platform will work and provide a good training opportunity.
Call if you have questions about your rifle, gear, etc. PLEASE DON’T GO BUY SOMETHING EXPENSIVE FOR THE CLASS WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH US!
Any questions, contact Steve Cooper @ email@example.com / 843-618-1381
Paladin Training, Inc.
Florence, SC 29504
Paladin Training is a public charity under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Our mission is to provide world-class crime prevention & homeland security training to law-enforcement, military, and — America’s original first responders — the armed private citizen.