This will be a short newsletter.
We still have a few seats open in the SC CWP class scheduled for this weekend. Let me know if you’re interested so I can get you the details.
If you’ve been waiting for prices on AR-15’s to come down, I wouldn’t wait any longer. Same for ammunition. And magazines. All that could change before you finish reading this newsletter. If you need some guidance, contact me. I can help you start out a little higher on the learning curve.
Train hard; put God first!
Low Light Handgun #1
The first LLH is now history. Judging from feedback I’ve received I’d call it a success. We learned a few things and the next one will be even better.
Here’s an outline of the live-fire content of the curriculum:
- One-handed draw-stroke from concealment
- Reducing stoppages (review)
- Flashlight techniques (review)
- Shooting thru the stages of dusk w/o artificial light
- Flashlight techniques
- Reducing stoppages
- Single targets: Threat identification (shoot v. no-shoot v. challenge)
- Multiple targets: Threat identification and prioritization
Students performed a mix of static / technical drills and dynamic / tactical drills.
We also discussed some of the issues involved in defending the home during periods of darkness.
We started promptly at 6 pm Saturday afternoon and I called cease-fire around 2:30 am Sunday morning.
All the students worked hard and made it a great class. I think they all came to a greater appreciation for how darkness complicates things. Good to know since the odds are high it’s during a period of low-light that our self defense skills will be called upon.
The next LLH is tentatively scheduled for 15 NOV from 3 pm to Midnight (subject to change).
Note the training prerequisite below.
- For both safety and quality, the class is limited to eight (8) students. As with all classes, a 50% deposit will hold a seat for you. The PayPal DONATE button at our home page is the easiest way to send the money.
- Seats will be reserved as deposits are received.
- Other details:
- Cost – $150*
- Prerequisite – Paladin DH1 (old BDH) or other equivalent
Contact me at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-618-1381 if you’re interested and I’ll send you the equipment list, answer any questions, etc.
* All usual discounts apply:
- Paladin Alumni – $120
- Full-time LEO – $75
- Active military (including USCG, SCARNG & SCANG) – $0