I hope you and your team had a blessed Christmas! I encourage you to see this new year as an incentive to train and get ready.
Train hard; put God first!
Attempted Carjacking / Florence, SC
- Keep your car doors locked!
- There are three ‘inputs’ in your car. Any and all may be appropriate in a situation. Keep an open mind.
- steering wheel
- A critical component of Situational Awareness is playing ‘what if’ games. ‘What would I do / where would I go if those two people tried to stop me?’
- If you fear for your life, your car may be the appropriate weapon for the situation. It’s a better ‘stopper’ than a handgun… and you’ve already got your hands on it.
- Was it ‘reasonable’ for her to assume the man was attempting a carjacking? I think that’s obvious. According to Section 16.1.60 of the SC Code, carjacking is a crime of violence and deadly force may be used to stop one if necessary.
Tragic Shooting in Idaho
The 29 year old mother had a concealed weapons permit issued by the state of Washington. Unless I missed something while researching the issue, there is NO TRAINING REQUIREMENT to obtain a WACWP.
What a senseless tragedy. He will live with this until that day when all tears are wiped away.
Please, please, please keep your firearms secure! If a handgun is carried in a purse it should be in a dedicated (not shared with anything else) and CLOSED compartment.
Obviously, the safest place to keep the weapon is on your body. You have greater control over it, plus you’re less likely to forget about it.
The ripples from this event can have long lasting consequences beyond the obvious. In my experience, one certainty is that some in that family or circle of friends will turn away from firearms. That’s not a bad thing in itself, but it can become a bad thing if one day in the future their life or the life of a loved one could have been spared if only they had a gun available and knew how to use it.
Strange… people will ride in a car to the funeral of a loved one killed by a drunk driver and not think a thing of it. There’s no linkage at all in their mind. But, people every day forever turn against firearms because one was misused in some event close to home. Makes no sense to me.
Other LEO’s pay only 50% of the regular tuition for a class.
Active duty military – including members of the SCARNG & SCANG pay NOTHING to attend any of our defensive firearm classes.
We’ve got big plans for 2015. Help us out if you can!
Paladin Training is a tax exempt public charity under IRS Section 501(c)(3). All donations are fully tax deductible.
- Prize: 1 seat in any two-day defensive firearm class and 500 rounds of carbine ammunition (5.56 or 7.62 x 39)
- Cost per ticket: $20
- Number of tickets: 50
Contact me for details.
Urban Break Contact!
Contact me if you’d like the details.