DC2 is a two-day, 2-person team tactics class. Its purpose is to provide the student with the skills needed to take maximum advantage of a team-mate and also deal with the complications inherent to being part of a team. Drills include scenarios where both members are active (fire-team) and where one member is passive (protector & principal). There is also a block on ‘buddy aid’.
We consider it an intermediate level carbine class. The DC2 student should already be familiar with:
- Weapon nomenclature, function and controls
- Lubrication and maintenance procedures
- Fundamentals of combat marksmanship
- Stoppage reduction (reloading & clearing malfunctions)
- Standard shooting positions (standing, kneeling & prone)
DC2 builds on the DC1 curriculum and adds the following:
- Use of cover
- Individual movement techniques
- Team communication
- Fire and maneuver
Solo students are welcome! We’ll pair you up with another solo student or one of the instructors. This is not necessarily a bad thing as the ability to sync up with another person and form an ad hoc team (ex: Private citizen and LEO) might one day be a life-saver. If you’re not part of a team, we would urge you to start that process.
DC2 is a prerequisite for Urban Break Contact (UBC).
You must be a US Citizen to take this class. Also, if you’ve never trained with us before, we’ll need to see a reference from one of the following:
- Paladin alum
E-mail their contact info. I know this is aggravating so I hope you will appreciate that we’re trying to keep this knowledge out of the wrong hands.
Dates: 13 – 14 NOV 2021
Location: Lake Darpo, 4900 North Governor Williams Hwy., Society Hill, SC
Prerequisite training: DC1 (or equivalent: call)
Physical requirements: Moderate
Cost: $300 individual or $550 per couple / 2 person team
($150 deposit per person is required. PayPal OK [button below] or send personal check or money order.)
- Full-time LEO $150; Active duty mil & SCNG $0 (50% space available)
Duration: 20 hrs
Start / Stop Times: Day 1 is 8:30 am – 9 pm / Day 2 is 9 am – 5 pm (Registration begins 8:00 am Day 1)
- Carbine w/ sustainment equipment & supplies (cleaning kit, lube, spare batts, etc.)
- Quality two point sling (NO single point slings unless an agency or department requirement)
- Six magazines (min) and the ability to carry at least one of them on the body (Magazines should have some form of ID on them so they can find their way back to you)
- 500 rds carbine ammunition (call if you have M855 / Green tip).
- Usual defensive handgun setup for CWP holders (NO Blackhawk SERPAs [or any other holster requiring trigger finger involvement in defeating retention] unless an agency or department requirement)
- 50 rds handgun ammunition
- Tactical flashlight (weapon mounted preferred, but bring what you’ve got)
- Safety gear (ball cap, ear pro and ANSI or mil-spec rated wraparound eye pro).
- Lunch, snacks, meds, whine stoppers, etc.
- Hydration (electrolyte replacement strongly recommended to supplement your water)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, other seasonal equipment
- Rain gear (training will continue in the event of rain)
- Note-taking gear
- Folding chair
- Elbow / knee pads
- IFAK / ITK (Individual first-aid kit / Individual trauma kit)
- Firearm safety & range emergency procedures
- Review: Nomenclature, function and controls
- Review: Lubrication and maintenance procedures
- Review: Fundamentals of combat marksmanship and the 36 yard zero
- Review: Standard shooting positions (standing, kneeling & prone)
- Review: Stoppage reduction (reloading & clearing malfunctions)
- Zeroing (100 YL)
- Review: Scanning, use of cover and other tactical considerations
- Review: Threats left, right and to the rear
- Individual movement techniques
- Team communications
- Team maneuver
- Low-light techniques and tactics
- Low-light exercises
- Discrimination (Threat ID / shoot v. no-shoot): Individual and team
- Clearing malfunctions
- Team Maneuver
End of Day 1
- Unconventional shooting positions
- Drills: Two person team scenarios
- PTI Patrol Rifle Standard
End of Day 2
Out of town students: Marriott Springhill Suites, 2670 Hospitality Blvd., Florence, SC / 843-317-9050 provides a substantial ‘Paladin’ discount.
While the curriculum is geared toward the AR platform, AK’s, Mini-14’s, basically any magazine fed semi-auto based on a military platform will work and provide a good training opportunity.
Call if you have questions about your rifle, gear, etc. PLEASE DON’T GO BUY SOMETHING EXPENSIVE FOR THE CLASS WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH US!
Any questions, contact Steve Cooper @ email@example.com / 843-618-1381
Paladin Training, Inc.
Florence, SC 29504
Paladin Training is a public charity under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Our mission is to provide world-class crime prevention & homeland security training to law-enforcement, military, and – America’s original first responders – the armed private citizen.