One week to the Defensive Carbine 1 class. Still got room Come train with us!
Defensive Carbine 1
This class is geared toward the beginner wanting to establish a proper foundation in carbine fighting skills, but it is also suitable for the experienced rifleman wanting to tune up his / her technique or correct errors.
Dates: 11 & 12 SEP 2021
Location: Lake Darpo, 4900 North Governor Williams Hwy., Society Hill, SC
Prerequisite training: None
Physical requirements: Light
Cost: $300 ($150 deposit is required. PayPal OK or send personal check or money order to the address below.)
- Full-time LEO $150; Active duty mil & SCARNG $0 (subject to availability)
Duration: 20 hrs
Start / Stop Times: Day 1; 8:30 am – 9 pm / Day 2; 9 am – 5 pm (Registration begins 8:00 am Day 1)
- Carbine (Wear your optics, but be prepared to use your BUIS. Optics are NOT required.)
- Sustainment Equipment (cleaning kit, lube, spare batts, etc.)
- Quality two-point sling (NO single point slings unless an agency or department requirement)
- Six magazines (min) and the ability to carry at least one of them on the body
- 500 rds carbine ammunition (Call if you have M855 / Green tip)
- Usual defensive handgun setup for CWP holders
- 50 rds handgun ammunition
- High intensity flashlight
- Safety gear (ball cap, ear pro and ANSI or mil-spec rated wraparound eye pro)
- Lunch, snacks, meds, whine stoppers, etc.
- Hydration (electrolyte replacement strongly recommended to supplement your water)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, other seasonal equipment
- Rain gear (training will continue in the event of rain)
- Note-taking gear
- Folding chair
- Elbow / knee pads
- IFAK / ITK (Individual First-Aid [Owee] Kit / Individual Trauma Kit)
- Safety & Emergency Procedures
- Nomenclature, function and controls
- Lubrication and maintenance procedures
- Fundamentals of combat marksmanship
- Natural Point of Aim
- 100 yd ZERO
- Stoppage reduction (reloading, transition to sidearm & clearing malfunctions)
- Standard Shooting Positions (Standing, Kneeling & Prone)
- Threats LEFT, RIGHT and TO THE REAR
- Scanning and other tactical considerations
- Use of cover
- Multiple Threats
- Low-light tactics and techniques
- Low-light exercises
- Discrimination (Threat ID / Shoot v. No-shoot)
- Clearing malfunctions
- Use of cover
- Flashlight techniques
IMPORTANT: The instructors are going to camp on-site Saturday night at the end of training. You’re welcome to join us. Bathroom facilities are available.
Out of town students: Marriott Springhill Suites, 2670 Hospitality Blvd., Florence, SC / 843-317-9050 provides a substantial ‘Paladin’ discount.
While the curriculum is geared toward the AR platform, AK’s, Mini-14’s, basically any magazine fed semi-auto based on a military platform will work and provide a good training opportunity. The gun is just part of the solution.
Call if you have questions about your rifle, gear, etc. PLEASE DON’T GO BUY SOMETHING EXPENSIVE FOR THE CLASS WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH US!
Any questions, contact Steve Cooper @ firstname.lastname@example.org / 843-618-1381
Paladin Training, Inc.
Florence, SC 29504
Paladin Training is a public charity under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Our mission is to provide world-class crime prevention & homeland security training to law-enforcement, military, and – America’s original first responders – the armed private citizen.