INTRODUCTION TO DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS (IDH)
If you’re a new or prospective owner of a handgun, or just recognize the need to get some professional training in the areas listed below, consider attending our four-hour Introduction to Defensive Handguns class in Darlington Thursday, 24 APR. The class will be held at the Darlington Rescue Squad building, 107 South Sycamore Street. Start time is 6 pm, stop time is 10 pm.
THIS IS NOT A SHOOTING CLASS. It is a technical class designed to teach proper handling skills, including loading and unloading, storage, and transportation, etc. Bring your unloaded gun to the class if you have one, but you are not required to bring a gun. We’ll have plenty of different types on hand to handle and practice with.
No live ammunition is allowed in the classroom. All procedures are demonstrated and practiced using dummy ammunition.
The class is broken into four blocks:
- 6 pm to 6:50 pm – Ammunition: How it works, what all those numbers on the box mean, how to store it and select the proper caliber and bullet type for the intended purpose, how bullets influence behavior.
- 7 pm to 7:50 pm – Safety & Etiquette: How to carry, transport and handle firearms without unintentionally endangering or being rude to others.
- 8 pm to 8:50 pm – Revolvers: How they operate, what the parts are called, controls and how to operate them, how to load and unload them, etc.
- 9 pm tp 10 pm – Semi automatic pistols: Same subjects as for revolvers.
This is a great way to learn how to handle and operate your defensive handgun in a sterile, non-threatening environment.
If any of these apply…
- A store clerk has to help you pick out the right ammunition for your gun
- The terms DA, DAO, SA, SA / DA are meaningless to you
- If you need some guidance in selecting the right handgun to buy
…this class is for you.
Where: Darlington Rescue Squad, 107 S. Sycamore St., Darlington
When: Thursday, 24 APR
Times: 6 pm to 10 pm
Cost: $50 PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring: Handgun. If you don’t yet own a handgun, no problem, there will be numerous variants to handle and practice with.
Space is limited to twelve students, first come, first served.
Questions: Steve@paladintraining.com or 843-618-1381.
Hope to see you there!